58 Corvette Roadster – Part 2.
It was quiet for a while on this build. But during the summer period, it was too warm. I did not have the energy or motivation to work on this model.
This is just a small and short update, but you can see what I have done.
The engine is placed in the chassis and “everything” was painted. As you maybe can see in the photos, not everything is painted. There are still some white parts. This is because it will be covered by other parts, or some parts need to be glued in that place. When a part or area is painted and you need to glue a part to it, it will not connect right. There is a very big change that the part will fall off.
Getting Used To It.
Slowly, I am getting used to this scale again. As I maybe mentioned one time, it has been a very long time since I built this scale. Everything looked very small.
Also the painting. I was not looking forward to painting all the parts because the main color of all the plastic parts is white. Not really my thing. In the past, the plastic had different colors and sometimes you could skip the painting of the part. But now you need to paint everything. I am still a little bit rusty but I am not in a hurry.
But I think that the bigger scales are still a little bit more my favorite.
One Small Error.
While putting the chassis together I discovered a small error in the building instructions. At one point you had to place the rest of the exhaust. I looked for the right part and number and removed it from the frame.
Then I tried to first just place it in place and see where I could glue it in place. But no matter how I turn it, I could not get it in the right place. At first, I keep on looking at the instructions and the images, just to make sure I was putting it in the right place. I checked again to see that I had the right part number and that was the case. But no matter what I did, it did not want to fit right.
I looked at the part again and thought to place it on the other side and see how that looked. To my surprise, it was fitting better. Just to make sure, I removed the other part from the frame and first tried it in the “original” place. This also did not fit. So I placed it on the other side and it was okay. I just had to switch two numbers to make it work.
After this, I installed the rear drive train and suspension. So far no other errors.
Next will be the front drive train and radiator.
42 total views, 1 views today