Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster – Part 2
The build of the Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster is going along fine.
This time I had finished the building of the engine. It was also my first time using PE (Photo-Etched) material. It was used for building some kind of filter on the engine. The thing behind using PE material is to give the model something extra. Some extra dimension.
Because It was my first time, it took some time to get it right. If I looked at the building instructions, it did not really look like the photos of the model on the box. So I had changed it a bit. And this was the part that cost me some time to get it in the right shape. But I am happy with the finished result.
While building the engine, I discovered that there was one part missing. Also if I look at the overview of all the parts and sprue’s (the frames where all the parts are on) it looked like that one sprue was damaged. And because of that, one part was missing. The nice part is, that most or all companies, have a service channel where you can contact them and inform or request them about a part that is missing or damaged. When you tell them the exact model and part number, they will send you the part. You only need to pay for the shipping costs.
I had contacted them and I was told that in a few days, they would send me the part. It is coming from Italy so I have some idea that it will take some time before it will arrive. But that is okay for me. Right now I was able to finish the engine and place it in the chassis. So when the part arrives, I am still able to place it.
During the building of the engine, I also stumbled on a mistake in the building instructions. In the pictures, you can see the part number and how it should look. But when I checked the frame and looked for the number, I saw that it did not look like anything on the picture. Normally in the instructions, they will show you what frame it is and what number it should have. In my case, it was part 16B. After some research, I found out that this should be 16C. Problem solved.
On the engine, you also had to place some tubes and wires. So it looks a little bit more real. Again, it is giving it an extra dimension. It looked nice. I am not sure of how accurate it is, but for me, it is no problem. It looked nice and that is what counts for me.
For now, the engine is in the chassis, and in the following building instructions, you are installing some extra parts and now and then some parts of the body.
In this case, I am not sure, when I will post the next update. We will see.
147 total views, 1 views today